"You've heard the old adage 'follow the money.' I follow the vote, and wherever the vote becomes an electron and touches a computer, that's an opportunity for a malicious actor potentially to ... make bad things happen." — Steve Stigall, CIA cyber-security expert, in remarks to the US Election Assistance Commission
Local fixers, insider operatives, rogue hackers and even foreign countries could all rig US elections electronically.
Time and again, the beneficiaries of suspicious primary elections are establishment-favored candidates.
Clearly ... the Iowa GOP will be trying to cheat Donald Trump, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, and Mike Huckabee. They will be trying to make Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and John Kasich "win" or "do well" ... but we will be focusing on getting a fair count for everyone.
- Mitt Romney, Diebold AccuVote Optical Scan: 33.075 percent
- Mitt Romney, Hand-Counted Paper Ballots: 25.483 percent
- Ron Paul, Diebold AccuVote Optical Scan: 7.109 percent
- Ron Paul, Hand-Counted Paper Ballots: 9.221 percent
- Clinton: statewide optical scan tally: 52.73 percent
- Obama: statewide optical scan tally: 47.27 percent
- Clinton: statewide hand-count tally: 46.75 percent
- Obama: statewide hand-count tally: 53.25 percent